Do you have experience in leading strategic sourcing activities and providing significant support to stakeholders?
Are you looking for an opportunity to define cost cutting initiatives across the organisation?
Are you located in Boston, US, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is partnering exclusively with a global biopharmaceutical organisation specialising in developing innovative medicines to improve and save lives.
Our client is seeking a proactive leader to promote the use of strategic sourcing techniques across the business to deliver further cost savings. The commercial side of the business is improving rapidly, so they need adequate procurement support to develop and improve at the same time.
Discover more about our Associate Director (Commercial Procurement) opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Associate Director (Commercial Procurement), you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Collaborating, developing, and maintaining critical relationships with stakeholders across multiple categories to provide strategic sourcing support.
2) Establishing strong relationships with key business partners to collaboratively define operating efficiencies and cost saving initiatives.
3) Continually assessing spend and proactively developing actions to identify cost reductions, improving supplier performance and upgrading procurement efficiency.
What you will do:
As the Associate Director (Commercial Procurement), your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Leading and overseeing the strategic sourcing activities whilst ensuring the right capabilities, guidance, resources, and accountabilities are in place.
- Taking responsibility for the development and implementation of site-wide strategic sourcing and management plans across multiple categories.
- Providing leadership and direction to category specific sourcing activities.
- Implementing policies, best-practices, compliance reporting and financial tracking.
- Working closely with multiple internal and external partners to facilitate and optimise the strategic sourcing process.
- Developing and implementing performance metrics and reporting.
- Proactively mapping out sourcing requirements and identifying areas for improvement.
- Creating and aligning buy-in from internal stakeholders and customers.
- Ensuring the application of relevant procurement processes and standards.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Associate Director (Commercial Procurement):
- Outstanding leadership and relationship building skills in a team environment.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate with others.
- First-rate attention to detail and capability of seeing the bigger picture.
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders to build the organisation and deliver success.
- Proactive and motivated, with a clear passion to drive change and make significant improvements.
- 7-10 years’ previous experience in a senior procurement role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science related discipline or equivalent.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Autonomous working environment
- Growing organisation with regular proportional opportunities
- Opportunity to gain long-term incentives at higher levels in the business
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Associate Director (Commercial Procurement), click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – George Steere – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.