Do you have the ability to develop and execute strategic plans relevant to the Category?
Are you looking for an opportunity to deliver Sourcing and Procurement projects for a growing organisation?
Are you located in Massachusetts, US, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is working exclusively with a developing organisation, specialising in developing innovative medicines to treat rare genetic diseases. Operating worldwide, our client is committed to improving quality of life.
Our client is seeking a leader to manage the Discovery Research and Early Development categories (Pre-clinical research) and be held accountable for Sourcing and Procurement plans.
Discover more about our Associate Director Global Clinical Procurement opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Associate Director Global Clinical Procurement, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Identifying, developing, and executing Sourcing Category Strategy and Tactical Plan.
2) Managing or participating in Supplier Relationships and Innovation (SR&I) programmes.
3) Supporting the overall company footprint growth globally as they continue to expand into new territories.
What you will do:
As the Associate Director Global Clinical Procurement, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Delivering the project pipeline and shared goals annually with internal stakeholders.
- Delivering Sourcing and Procurement projects in line with or exceeding target goals to ensure cost savings.
- Building business partner relationships and being the single point of contact for key stakeholders.
- Delivering Sourcing, Demand Management and Process re-engineering projects within the category.
- Proactively identifying, reporting, and mitigating risks.
- Ensuring the application of relevant Procurement processes and standards.
- Developing an approach for spot buys/ad-hoc business requests.
- Ensuring a smooth and efficient handover of operational ways of working to Buyers.
- Coaching Buyers responsible for project delivery in Category and ensure that roles and responsibilities are communicated clearly.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Associate Director Global Clinical Procurement:
- Demonstrable leadership skills and ability to communicate with people of all levels.
- Ability to navigate up and down the organisation, from mentoring to reporting.
- Pro-active and motivated, with a clear passion to drive change and make significant improvements.
- A self-motivated individual with high energy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience.
- 7+ years of previous experience in Sourcing and Procurement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science, Engineering or Supply Chain.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Competitive bonus
- Extensive benefits package
- Progressive growth opportunities
- Large company influence and autonomy in the role
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Associate Director Global Clinical Procurement, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – George Steere – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.