Do you have experience in biomarker discovery and development?
Are you looking for an opportunity to generate and interpret data from preclinical and clinical studies to enable effective therapeutic development?
Are you located in San Francisco, California, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is partnering exclusively with an innovative organisation specialising in developing drugs to treat rare diseases. Operating worldwide, they are committed to making a difference in patients’ lives.
Our client is seeking an experienced, results-focused scientist to define the biomarker strategy and generate and interpret data from preclinical and clinical studies.
Discover more about our Associate Principal Scientist opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Associate Principal Scientist, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Establishing and growing a brand-new Oncology Biomarker Development group.
2) Helping to design and execute the Biomarker Strategy.
3) Advancing biomarker discovery and development efforts to impact and inform effective clinical development of lead assets.
What you will do:
As the Associate Principal Scientist, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Designing and conducting experiments, and analysing and interpreting data to advance biomarker discovery.
- Helping to build new genomics, gene analysis infrastructure and analytic capabilities.
- Designing and performing biomarker experiments in-house or with vendors to generate multi-omic data sets.
- Directing hands-on experience with systems for the generation of gene expression data.
- Working with bioinformatics/statistics colleagues to help develop computational tools for analysis.
- Providing expertise to help evaluate and ensure access to state-of-the-art biomarker/diagnostic technologies for clinical application.
- Generating, analysing, and interpreting complex preclinical and clinical data.
- Developing and executing biomarker development and diagnostic strategies.
- Authoring biomarker strategy documents and reports, regulatory documents, manuscripts, and presentations.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Associate Principal Scientist:
- Results-driven with first-rate attention to detail and capability of seeing the bigger picture.
- Strong work ethic and determination to succeed.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with key stakeholders, synthesise data and execute clear, actionable experiments.
- Broad understanding of drug discovery and development in both early and late-stage development.
- Knowledge of biomarker discovery and development; assay development/validation and clinical discovery/application of biomarkers.
- At least 6 years of direct, relevant experience in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
- PhD in oncology, immune-oncology, tumour biology or other related fields.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Be part of a rapidly growing global biotech organisation
- Medical and dental insurance
- Holiday allowance
- Car/travel allowance
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Associate Principal Scientist, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Richard Dane – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.