Do you have previous experience delivering plant automation and efficiency improvement projects?
Are you looking for an opportunity to design and implement an Automation Asset Management Strategy?
Are you based in New Jersey, USA, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is partnering exclusively with an established plastics organisation specialising in the development of industry-compliant plastic solutions and packaging for pharmaceutical organisations.
Our client is seeking an organised individual to design a technology roadmap of manufacturing processes and supporting systems to improve safety, compliance, quality, reliability and productivity.
Discover more about our Automation and Controls Manager opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Automation and Controls Manager, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Providing thought leadership, strategic direction and execution planning guidance.
2) Leading the Automation and Control Group to become a benchmark organisation.
3) Ensuring successful execution of approved projects and timely expert support to ongoing operations.
What you will do:
As the Automation and Controls Manager, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing a technology roadmap for Automation and Control of manufacturing processes and supporting systems to improve safety, compliance and reliability.
- Developing and promoting standards and specifications to align with business needs and the approved technology roadmap.
- Designing Automation Asset Management Strategy to ensure business continuity and to reduce the total cost of ownership.
- Identifying competency gaps within the Engineering Product Development (EPD) Automation & Controls team.
- Leading the Automation & Controls Group to deliver plant automation and efficiency improvement projects from start to end.
- Providing technical support to the ongoing operation and the new projects for Automation & Controls related issues and scope.
- Improving awareness and educating staff on the latest transformational technologies.
- Monitoring and recognising team performance and training them as appropriate.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Automation and Controls Manager:
- Excellent organisational skills in managing various technical resources.
- Demonstratable leadership skills and ability to communicate with people of all levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies and packaging automation technology.
- Must have knowledge of industrial robotics, controls, fabrication and assembly.
- Previous experience in deploying large scale plant automation projects and managing process automation system integrators.
- Bachelor’s degree with ten years’ experience in Medical Devices, Life Sciences or in the Manufacturing Industry.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Car/travel allowance.
- Free parking.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Automation and Controls Manager, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Global Executive Research Manager – Maxwell Rowe – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.