Do you have a minimum of 5 years of broad-based technical management experience in the pharmaceutical industry?
Are you looking for an opportunity to play a key role in all stages of the engineering project and equipment lifecycle?
Are you located in Ohio, US, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is partnering exclusively with a pharmaceutical organisation, specialising in developing and manufacturing anti-infective treatments. Operating worldwide, they are dedicated to defending patient lives from serious infections.
Our client is seeking an exceptional leader to lead the Automation area of the Engineering and Maintenance Department.
Discover more about our Automation Engineering Manager opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Automation Engineering Manager, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Providing leadership and direction to the Automation Team.
2) Playing a key role in all stages of the engineering project and equipment lifecycle.
3) Managing continuous improvement of Automation systems in the production and supporting utility systems.
What you will do:
As the Automation Engineering Manager, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshooting day to day automation issues within a cGMP production environment.
- Managing the Automation Team to assure support to the needs of the supported areas and projects of the site.
- Developing and/or revising procedures and/or preventive maintenance instructions to organise and align team activities.
- Responsible for developing and managing area budget.
- Identifying and implementing improvement projects to reduce manufacturing costs.
- Supporting Engineering and Maintenance Director in development, establishment, and adherence to long-range Automation goals.
- Diagnosing and solving moderate to complex automation problems to support 24/7 manufacturing activities.
- Recommending new technologies and implementing modern controls architectures in line with current trends in GMP’s and automation and instrumentation technology.
- Working across functions and disciplines to collect and analyse data to improve the compliance and efficiency of manufacturing activities.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Automation Engineering Manager:
- Ability to manage projects and prioritise appropriately.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and ability to communicate with people of all levels.
- Exemplary ability to foster strong and long-lasting relationships.
- Broad understanding of industry trends and leading methodologies.
- Demonstrated positive results in progressive positions of authority, including a record of success in a cGMP pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Electrical, Controls or Chemical Engineering, with a minimum of 5 years of broad-based technical management.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience required for this position.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Career development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Automation Engineering Manager, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Research Manager – Natalie Thomas – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.