Our client is a rapidly growing & transforming Pharmaceutical company who are guided by their company values, they are a specialized ophthalmic company who strive to advance treatments by delivering innovative products and services to patients and medical professionals worldwide.
A new Customer Service position has been created within the growing and transforming Supply Chain Management function.
The Customer Service Specialist ensures the handling of the daily operations of different countries/markets within the greater EMEA region and related to the supply of finished products to the company’s key Customers that include wholesalers, pharmacies and hospitals. This individual must also ensure that products are being delivered to the customers on time, within optimal temperature conditions and in accordance with quality (GDP) compliance.
This role will also provide direct support to the EMEA Customer Service Operations Associate Director and to enable a high service level delivery to our customers, internal partners and commercial organization. In addition, the collaboration is continued to the organization’s third-party logistics (3PL) provider, and that any or all issues or problems are escalated to the Customer Service Operations AD where needed.
Furthermore, this position will require that processes, procedures, and systems are in place and maintained at all times allowing for the company’s customer base to receive a best in class customer experience. You will be working closely with all departments that are necessary to achieve this i.e. Finance, Quality, Regulatory, Pricing etc.
Key task and responsibilities:
- Supports the local regional commercial teams and the organisation’s clients such as Wholesalers and Pharmacies, and ensure a pleasant customer satisfaction with adherence to GMP/GDP. Either through correspondence, phone calls or face-to-face meetings.
- Works as an SME (subject matter expert) in one of the 4 key areas, works on EMEA alignment & ensures all needed actions all followed from implementation to control of the processes
- Ensures that all warehouse movements either are monitored, by directly having oversight or by collaborating with the outside vendor these include the following items: Orders, Backorders, Invoicing, Inventory Reconciliation, Good Receipts, Blocked orders for invoicing.
- Reports incidents arising during transactions with the 3PL through the Incident Reporting mechanism or by escalating to Local Commercial Representatives, working in conjunction with Distribution and Warehousing Process Mgr. and Quality.
- Establishes with the Third Party Logistics provider a courteous, prompt and efficient communication by way of face to face meetings or conference call (all documented accordingly).
- Develops in conjunction with EMEA Warehouse and Distribution Process Manager and Quality, documentation such as SOPs, Specifications and Business Processes relating to the inventory residing under the responsibility of distribution, additionally other documents and reports that can be requested by local authorities or management.
- Manage customer credit situation, order blocks when the credit limit is reached, account receivable aging. Request proper information from Third-party logistics providers and submit cases to management for with suggested actions in collaboration with local finance
- New Product Launches: Participates in the setup and creation of processes and procedures surrounding new products and new distribution channels (e.g. Direct to Pharmacy/Hospital) in conjunction with overall EMEA processes and ensures alignment with these
- Work with regional field and office based team members to support operations (samples management etc)
- Control daily accuracy of invoices and take necessary corrective actions (credit notes, returns, etc.) through the third party customer service team
The successful Applicant will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A BA/BS (or equivalent) Degree in a Business or Supply Chain subject would be preferred
- An APICS qualification would also be desirable
- 5-10 years of experience in Supply chain, Customer Service, Order-to-cash, Distribution, Warehouse management. Preference in a Pharmaceutical Environment.
- Good knowledge of standard Quality systems requirements and interdependencies with Supply Chain Operations, into GDP/GMP environment, (knowledge about ISO 9001 and 13485 is an asset)
- Understanding the Business-In depth comprehension of product flows, transport flows of Pharmaceutical/Medical Device Industry.
- Good Knowledge of SAP SD-MM- Modules (others and notably QA Module is an asset).
- German and English languages are essential in this role
- Transparency in Communication-Ensuring that successes and failures are communicated to upper management by way of communication (email), reports etc.
- Influencing without authority-Driving results by influencing 3PL contractual vendors to achieve the highest possible performance. Resistance to Stress-Being able to strive to achieve the goals laid out by mgmt. to ensure a successful day-to-day
- Managing Diverse Relationships-Ability to work with Subject Matter Exports and Management in a cross-cultural department.
- Financial and control awareness, ability to summarize complex issues in short and actionable recommendations.