Do you have 10-15 years experience in project management of large capital projects in the pharmaceutical industry?
Are you enticed by the opportunity to manage a global, annual spend of > £50M?
Are you located in Belgium, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is partnering exclusively with a leading and established organisation, specialising in developing and distributing life-changing medicines. Operating worldwide, our client distributes their innovative products on a global scale to help those in need.
Our client is seeking an autonomous leader to manage global spend and lead project delivery.
Discover more about our Director of Capital Investments opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Director of Capital Investments, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Leading the project delivery process for an international portfolio of large-sized projects.
2) Ensuring an outcome that meets all the defined Investment objectives for Safety, Quality, cost, schedule.
3) Managing an Annual CapEx spend of >50 £M internationally by multiple projects.
What you will do:
As the Director of Capital Investments, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- • Being accountable for Capital Investments spread globally through the network.
• Designing, procuring, constructing, qualifying, handing-over and closing-out of new and upgraded production, offices, warehouses and lab facilities.
• Overseeing multiple Capital Investments each approximately 100M £ or higher.
• Defining and deciding the final project budgets and schedules worked out by Project Managers.
• Monitoring, appraising and upgrading individual and team performance as required to ensure project success.
• Installing a proactive “can do” attitude within the project and promoting a “preventative rather than corrective” mentality.
• Driving the Project Execution Plan process and document the project delivery strategy.
• Developing a risk management strategy for the project and implementing associated processes to ensure effective identification, monitoring and management.
• Leading the qualification of the engineering services providers and directing the appropriate contractual strategy.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Director of Capital Investments:
- Highly effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work fully autonomously.
- Ability to discuss and negotiate technical matters and suppliers.
- Sufficient credibility to effectively interface with and influence key stakeholders within the business.
- Fluency in English and French.
- Project control experience including cost estimating, cost forecasting, change management, scheduling and progress measurement.
- 10-15 years experience in project management of large capital projects.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Annual bonus
- Long term incentives
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Director of Capital Investments, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Brett Lofthouse – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.