Do you have experience in Clinical Pharmacology (CP) and Oncology Drug Development?
Are you looking for an opportunity to establish and execute the CP strategy of a global organisation?
Are you located in Berlin, Germany, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is working exclusively with an innovative organisation specialising in developing ground-breaking medicines to treat a variety of diseases and illnesses. Operating worldwide, they are committed to adding value and improving their patient’s quality of life.
Our client is seeking a proactive leader to develop an effective CP strategy and influence the drug development strategy.
Discover more about our Director of Clinical Pharmacology opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Director of Clinical Pharmacology, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Driving innovative quantitative CP approaches to influence the drug development strategy.
2) Building strong, cross-functional relationships throughout the organisation to ensure continued collaboration.
3) Influencing the sharing and implementation of new ideas through strong stakeholder management as you grow a newly established area.
What you will do:
As the Director of Clinical Pharmacology, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring adequate consideration and implementation of all aspects of CP, Pharmacokinetics (PK) and Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics (PK/PD).
- Establishing, executing, and coordinating the CP strategy in line with the overall development of assigned projects.
- Driving quantitative PK/PD activities to support clinical study design and dose/schedule selection for First in Human (FiH) clinical trials.
- Providing in-depth CP, PK and PK/PD advice and expertise to all core CP studies.
- Defining the best use of biomarker concepts in conjunction with modelling and simulation approaches for development projects.
- Evaluating and reporting CP related results and adapting the project plan accordingly.
- Identifying innovative approaches in CP and ensuring optimal utilisation of resources.
- Leading and managing the preparation of the CP sections of major clinical and regulatory documents.
- Representing CP Oncology externally, e.g. in meetings with authorities or Key Opinion Leader (KOL) meetings.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Director of Clinical Pharmacology:
- Proven ability to create and implement short-term modelling approaches.
- Ability to handle conflict and be highly resilient.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and accountable individual prepared to fix any issues that arise.
- Demonstratable leadership skills and the ability to communicate with people of all levels.
- Must be experienced in Quantitative Systems and other innovative approaches in the CP field.
- At least 10 years’ experience in Clinical Pharmacology and Oncology Drug Development.
- At least 6 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or equivalent e.g. FDA.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Short and long-term incentives.
- Competitive bonus.
- Pension contribution.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Director of Clinical Pharmacology, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Richard Dane – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.