Have you got experience leading high performing MSAT teams?
Do you want to employ that knowledge to build an MSAT function at a state-of-the-art facility?
Are you based in Switzerland or willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is working exclusively with a prominent biotechnology organisation seeking a proactive leader to lead a growing MSAT function, including all Upstream and Downstream activities.
Discover more about our Director MSAT opportunity; it’s objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Director MSAT, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Partner effectively at the interface between the Process Development and Manufacturing operations groups
2) Ensure that manufacturing processes are capable, compliant, in control, cost-effective, and continuously improved.
3) Provide the direction, planning and execution of cGMP clinical phase manufacturing operations.
What you will do:
As the Director MSAT, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Regularly evaluate MSAT operations, developing and implementing recommended and/or necessary improvements and changes.
- Provide management direction and oversight to the Downstream and Upstream Manufacturing staff, serving as a role model while providing career development and direction.
- Responsible to evaluate all MSAT operations, including human resources. Develop and issue performance standards, objectives and goals. Evaluate staff performance and initiate appropriate action(s) when necessary.
- Propose, plan, organize and execute MSAT manufacturing in production-scale protein manufacturing.
- Recommend strategies for improving purification procedures for top performance using bioprocess engineering principles and protein biochemistry.
- Provide a science-based approach for the resolution of deviations, investigations, and process issues through analysis of historical data and scale-down studies.
- Network with Process Development, Manufacturing, and Quality organizations to establish a reliable state of process control.
- Actively participate in technology transfers and implementation of purification processes including facility fit modelling based on client needs.
- Build, modify, and utilize digital data storage, visualization, and analysis systems such as Minitab and/or JMP and custom web-based interfaces to enable site process monitoring and continuous process verification programs.
- Generate documents (technical memos, protocols, reports) related to process monitoring, product impact assessments, campaign end summary reports.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Director MSAT:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or equivalent.
- 5-10 years of relevant MSAT experience.
- Experience leading MSAT manufacturing people, production and process development-related activities.
- Ability to ensure plans and resources (people, facilities, supplies, etc.) are efficiently utilized to ensure uninterrupted supply of products produced.
- Ability to work complex assignments of diverse scope and ability to exercise judgment within both novel and defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate actions.
- Expert knowledge in the creation of process methods/recipes using GE unicorn software.
- Experience within biologics CMC that includes pilot plant and/or cGMP manufacturing.
- Experience in technology transfer from development into a cGMP Manufacturing.
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and collaboration with others.
- Ability to clearly communicate scientific information both written and oral.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and problem-solving capabilities with exceptional interpersonal skills.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Performance Bonus.
- Company Car.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Director MSAT, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Richard Dane – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- All preselected Applications will be forwarded and processed by our Swiss Partner, SDE Services AG, according to Swiss law.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.