Do you have extensive experience in the downstream processing of New Modalities?
Looking to apply that expertise to build and grow a brand new department?
Are you based in North-Western Germany or are willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is exclusively supporting a globally leading pharmaceutical organisation seeking a highly talented and influential leader to build and grow a new department focusing on New Modalities within the overall API development department.
Discover more about our Director of New Modality API’s opportunity and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Director of New Modality API’s, you will strive to:
1) Build Capabilities
Responsible for building and growing a group focused on new modalities which can be utilized by the entire R&D department to develop capabilities and enhance projects.
2) Manage an expert group
Manage and continuously improve an expert lab focused on new modalities (Peptides & Oligonucleotides), with a focus on Downstream processing. Leading the technical and personnel development of the group.
3) Project Management
Successfully lead global development projects in close collaboration with QA, Formulation, Biological & Analytical Development. As well as driving collaborations with external partners.
What you will do:
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage and continuously build up an expert lab with a focus of downstream processing of API new modalities (e.g. peptides, oligonucleotides) and lead a team of highly educated and skilled scientists and technicians.
- Select, develop and apply relevant new synthetic, downstream and analytical methods and technologies.
- Optimize processes for the production of new modality API´s concerning quality, efficiency and process safety, also in cooperation with other functions and external partners.
- Drive the implementation of relevant downstream processes (e.g. lyophilization, UF/DF, SEC, IEC) in cooperation with the technology labs.
- Support the implementation of corresponding analytical methods and the development of control and regulatory strategies.
- Be responsible for the timely delivery of the global development programs with active ingredients, in close cooperation with the neighbouring functions Quality Assurance, Formulation Development, Biological Development, Analytical Development and Preclinical functions.
- Ensure evaluation and adoption of state-of-the-art concepts and technologies such as automation and digitalization for efficient lab operations.
- Drive collaborations with relevant other functions inside and outside of R&D as well as external partners.
What you will bring:
The skills and experience you will need:
- University degree and PhD in biotechnology, (bio)chemical engineering or related natural sciences and preferably international postdoctoral working experience at a recognized research institution.
- Several years of professional experience in a pharmaceutical R&D environment.
- Excellent analytical skills, conceptual and innovative way of thinking.
- Proven track-record in downstream processing of biomolecules, such as chromatography, lyophilization, ultra- and diafiltration.
- Preferentially experience in synthesis and analytical determination of new modality API´s such as peptides or oligonucleotides.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and inspire teams to achieve outstanding results as well as excellent project management, communication and collaboration skills.
- Curiosity and willingness to develop in new areas and creative problem-solving skills whilst being result-oriented.
What you will get:
The perks and benefits you will receive:
- Industry-leading bonus structure.
- Very strong pension package.
- The opportunity to build a new group into a large department which is receiving heavy investment.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Director of New Modality API’s role, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Richard Dane – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.