Do you have experience driving continuous improvement during all stages of the capital project lifecycle?
Are you an exceptional leader with the ability to build engineering capabilities?
Are you located near Boston, USA, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is working with an innovative pharmaceutical organisation specialising in developing products that identify disease. Operating worldwide, they are dedicated to advancing the speed and reliability of diagnosis so that patient lives are improved.
Our client is seeking an experienced leader to build engineering capabilities across three main categories: people, processes and systems. The candidate will drive excellence in project execution, deliver on schedule and on cash-spend commitments, support budgeting and drive continuous improvement during all stages of the capital project lifecycle.
Discover more about our Director of Project Engineering opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Director of Project Engineering, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Directing the Project Engineering team and providing consistent leadership and mentoring.
2) Developing internal engineering talent and building strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external engineering and construction partners.
3) Driving excellence in project execution, delivering on schedule and on cash-spend commitments, and supporting capital planning and budgeting.
What you will do:
As the Director of Project Engineering, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing and managing the department operating budget.
- Ensuring that projects are developed with thoughtful plans around contractor sourcing.
- Overseeing the project portfolio ensuring scope alignment and delivering it on time and within budget.
- Selecting, developing and maintaining compliant relationships with external engineering, construction, and CQV (Commissioning, Qualification and Validation) firms.
- Preparing budgets and cash flow targets for the Engineering project portfolio.
- Establishing a rigorous, yet responsive business process to align project scope and execute each project through every stage of the project lifecycle.
- Developing feasibility reports to support early capital budget planning and support strategic initiatives.
- Reporting and communicating portfolio performance to senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Driving continuous improvement into the engineering project execution lifecycle to reduce total overall cost while improving efficiency.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Director of Project Engineering:
- Ability to navigate up and down the organisation, from mentoring to reporting.
- A “can do” attitude and a willingness to achieve personal and organisational goals.
- Excellent leadership skills with an understanding of how best to utilise and deploy staff.
- Self-motivated and accountable individual prepared to fix any issues that arise.
- Strong understanding of engineering standards and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Deep knowledge of facility infrastructure and operations including GMP production area support.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in pharma-bio engineering.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- 20% bonus.
- Generous holiday allowance.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Director of Project Engineering, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Brett Lofthouse – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.