Do you have experience working within EMEA Procurement in Buyer or Category Management?
Are you looking for an opportunity to serve as a Procure to Pay (P2P) Subject Matter Expert (SME)?
Are you located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is working exclusively with an established biotechnology organisation specialising in pioneering cell therapies and new medicines. Operating worldwide, they are dedicated to becoming the world’s leading biopharmaceutical organisation.
Our client is seeking an experienced Procurement professional to establish and run sourcing and procurement activities for assigned categories in EMEA.
Discover more about our EMEA Category Buyer opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the EMEA Category Buyer, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Indirect Category Management – Establishing and running sourcing and procurement activities for your assigned categories.
2) Working with stakeholders to deliver significant benefits to the organisation in line with the relevant business objectives.
3) Acting and embodying the responsibilities of the P2P Subject Matter Expert for EMEA.
What you will do:
As the EMEA Category Buyer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing travel-related processes and providing guidance on travel-related matters.
- Planning and implementing regional strategies and procurement sourcing initiatives in Travel, Professional services, and Facility services.
- Executing concrete category action plans and managing end-to-end sourcing processes.
- Establishing and foster a positive working relationship with strategic suppliers within assigned categories.
- Designing cost target reductions while simultaneously guaranteeing Quality Assurance and security of supply.
- Monitoring P2P KPIs and driving their improvements.
- Building relationships and providing effective business support to key stakeholders.
- Driving continuous improvement of travel programs.
- Acting as a P2P Subject Matter Expert and answering any queries.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the EMEA Category Buyer:
- Persistence and determination to overcome setbacks and drive business performance.
- Exceptional ability to work both independently and collaborate with others.
- Ability to develop and maintain solid relationships with suppliers in assigned categories.
- Ability to manage spend – up to €30M across EMEA region.
- Experience with EMEA Procurement is vital.
- A deep understanding of end-to-end processes in P2P is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3-4 years’ experience as a Procurement professional.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Competitive bonus and basic
- Regular promotion opportunities
- Competitive pension
Got what it takes?
To apply for the EMEA Category Buyer, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – George Steere – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.