Do you have a proven track record in procurement?
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop and implement a centralised travel category within Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA)?
Are you based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is working exclusively with an established biotechnology organisation specialising in pioneering cell therapies and new medicines. Operating worldwide, they are dedicated to becoming the world’s leading pharmaceutical organisation.
Our client is seeking a proactive individual to take responsibility for the indirect categories including IT, professional services and travel across the EMEA region whilst working towards cost reductions in each category.
Discover more about our EMEA Procurement Specialist opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the EMEA Procurement Specialist, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Implementing procure-to-pay (P2P) systems within the indirect procurement area.
2) Designing and implementing a centralised travel category across the EMEA region.
3) Leading the travel, IT and professional services categories with responsibility for the EMEA region.
What you will do:
As the EMEA Procurement Specialist, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing the strategy for indirect spend in EMEA.
- Working in conjunction with stakeholders to identify opportunities to enhance service, quality, delivery, costs and contract milestones.
- Ensuring supplier performance meets agreed expectations.
- Supporting the strategic procurement transformation into a mature team that minimises risks, reduces costs and maximises value.
- Ensuring that category spend is managed effectively and driving cost savings for the organisation as they continue to grow.
- Reporting results achieved at corporate level accurately and in a timely manner.
- Providing input into the yearly EMEA Procurement Plan.
- Working effectively with people at all organisational levels, internally and externally.
- Performing any other duties as required or assigned.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the EMEA Procurement Specialist:
- Results-driven with an overall proactive approach to daily responsibilities.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage projects and prioritise appropriately.
- Self-motivated and accountable individual prepared to fix any issues that arise.
- Proven track-record of selecting and managing effective external suppliers.
- In-depth understanding of end-to-end procurement and implementing P2P systems.
- 3-5 years of previous experience working in the procurement function at a pharmaceutical organisation.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Performance bonus.
- Private healthcare.
- Pension contribution.
- Holiday allowance.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the EMEA Procurement Specialist, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Global Executive Research Manager – Liam Wallis – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.