Are you a results-orientated individual with experience in reducing costs and maximising value in procurement?
Are you looking for an opportunity to manage the budget of indirect spend and devise a strategy?
Are you located near The Hague, Netherlands, or are willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International are partnering exclusively with a leading organisation specialising in the development of drugs and antibiotics. Operating worldwide, they are committed to producing life-saving medicines in a fight against antimicrobial resistance.
Our client is seeking a proactive individual to take ownership of the indirect spend in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and America) region to maximise value, reduce costs and minimise risks.
Discover more about our EMEA Senior Lead Buyer opportunity; it’s objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the EMEA Senior Lead Buyer, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Supporting the strategic procurement transformation into a mature team that minimises risks, reduces costs and maximises value.
2) Developing and implementing strategy for indirect spend in EMEA.
3) Creating and aligning buy-in from internal stakeholders and customers.
What you will do:
As the EMEA Senior Lead Buyer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Implementing strategy for indirect spend to deliver maximum value in the indirect categories, supply chain, commerce and business services.
- Supporting the global category lead indirect materials and working closely with EMEA team.
- Executing contract implementation to maximise future contract compliance and improve supplier performance.
- Preparing budget indirect spend, enhancing cost awareness and monitoring expenses versus budget.
- Reporting results achieved at corporate level accurately and in a timely manner.
- Owning the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) transformation for your categories.
- Drafting and implementing Category Plans for applicable EMEA categories and executing sourcing strategy.
- Managing relationships/partnerships with suppliers and tracking their performance.
- Providing input into the yearly EMEA Procurement Plan.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the EMEA Senior Lead Buyer:
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills.
- Results-driven with an overall proactive approach to daily responsibilities.
- Ability to express ideas with confidence and flair in both Dutch and English.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to collaborate with others.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual environment.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Procurement with a focus on Supply Chain.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Engineering or other relevant disciplines.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Flat organisation with freedom to express ideas.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Free parking.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the EMEA Senior Lead Buyer, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Joshua Wheldon – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.