Are you a self-motivated leader with previous experience in Environmental Health?
Are you looking for an opportunity to oversee regulatory compliance and reduce waste?
Are you based in New Jersey, USA, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is working exclusively with a renowned life sciences organisation that develops and manufactures on behalf of its pharmaceutical partners. With a global presence, this organisation is committed to adding value to pharmaceutical organisations.
Our client is seeking a proactive Environmental Manager to improve environmental efficiency, make tangible changes and reduce waste across the plant.
Discover more about our Environmental Manager opportunity; it’s objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Environmental Manager, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Developing, implementing and managing compliance strategies for a variety of environmental regulations.
2) Managing the site wastewater treatment plant.
3) Providing disposal options and manage disposal of DEA regulated wastes.
What you will do:
As the Environmental Manager, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing existing and proposed air quality regulations in order to determine and implement compliance strategies.
- Assisting operations and R&D in determining appropriate air pollution control strategies.
- Providing input/corrections regarding technical issues for waste generation.
- Acting as the principal contact for all outside certified laboratory testing of wastes.
- Investigating new methods of waste treatment and speaking with consulting firms.
- Reviewing and recommending changes to production documents and standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring adherence to the budget for the Environmental Department and calculating the anticipated waste disposal costs during budget preparation.
- Ensuring that personal and departmental moral, ethical, legal, and behaviour conduct follows the organisation’s protocol.
- Managing implementation and adherence to cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) regulations.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Environmental Manager:
- Demonstrable leadership skills and ability to communicate with people of all levels.
- First-rate attention to detail and capability of seeing the bigger picture.
- Ability to manage projects and prioritise appropriately.
- Self-motivated and able to deal with new or difficult situations easily.
- Possess a current New Jersey N-4 WWTP operating license or equivalent state WWTP operating license.
- 10+ years’ experience working in an Environmental Department of a Pharmaceutical or Chemical plant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry or Engineering.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- 10% bonus.
- Work in a state-of-the-art facility.
- Generous holiday allowance.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Environmental Manager role, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Brett Lofthouse – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.