Do you have experience in change management and developing strategies to drive a Continuous Improvement (CI) culture?
Are you looking for an opportunity to pursue manufacturing excellence and optimal customer experience for a leading Medical Device organisation?
Are you located in Geneva, Switzerland, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is partnering exclusively with an established organisation specialising in the development of innovative technology to enable medical research and laboratory experiments. Operating worldwide, they are committed to advancing medical research and enhancing the diagnosis of diseases.
Our client is seeking an ambitious leader to drive a CI culture through the development of a standardised lean manufacturing system, best-in-class processes and exceeding Safety, Quality, Delivery and cost performance across the organisation.
Discover more about our Senior Director, Global Operational Excellence opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Executive Director, Global Operational Excellence, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Leading the strategic deployment of our clients newly developed CI Production System across their global Manufacturing & Supply network.
2) Guiding the organisation through one of the largest cultural transformations in its recent history.
3) Pioneering the application of Operational Excellence activities and promoting a CI culture across the organisation.
What you will do:
As the Executive Director, Global Operational Excellence, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing industry-wide best practice programs driving demonstrated efficiency improvements, reduced cost of manufacturing and identification.
- Ensuring that CI projects meet expectations and targets.
- Identifying gaps and developing plans to mitigate any potential risks.
- Ensuring alignment with corporate and business expectations on CI targets.
- Leading a continuous ongoing learning environment to ensure training in the principles, techniques and methodologies of CI.
- Efficiently improving Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost through the deployment of lean best practices.
- Driving Zero Loss mindset culture through the implementation of “Loss Landscape” metrics.
- Driving loss elimination through CI best practice deployment to save 6% or circa $300m in savings.
- Taking responsibility for Program Cost Control – circa $5m.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Executive Director, Global Operational Excellence:
- Demonstrated sound judgement, strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Excellent planning, organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Results-driven and a proven track record of delivering tangible results.
- Facilitation and change management leadership skills/experience.
- Well versed with previously leading large-scale transformation and CI projects across multiple sites.
- 10-12 years of related experience, ideally in the Automotive or FMCG industries with in-depth knowledge of Manufacturing Excellence Production Systems.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant business discipline.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Full backing from C-Suite / Leadership team to roll out the Global OpEx program.
- Opportunity to become the successor of your direct report or growth outwards into other Senior Global Leadership roles.
- Highly competitive pay package.
- Opportunity to travel globally.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Senior Director, Global Operational Excellence, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Harry Simpson – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- All preselected applications will be forwarded and processed by our Swiss Partner, SDE Services AG, according to Swiss law.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.