Are you looking to break into or further develop your career in the rapidly growing Cell & Gene Therapy industry?
Do you have solid knowledge and an understanding of what it takes to run a high-class manufacturing facility?
Are you also looking for mid-term growth opportunities into C-Level positions?
Fraser Dove International is the retained Executive Search Partner with a rapidly developing Cell & Gene Therapy business that has recently completed a significant stage of their Global Growth plan and are now looking for an Experienced Site Lead to head up operations at their largest and fast-growing site worldwide.
Discover more about our Executive Site Head of Operations opportunity and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
Since the site has recently gone through an expansion that has allowed for further production of Commercial Cell Therapy products, it will be your responsibility to successfully onboard new clients.
This role will have a focus on kicking off a high performing team initiatives program to help develop and retain high performing talent in the business.
You’ll also be responsible for developing and implementing your own operational excellence programs, driving KPIs and then driving all of the governance around that.
What you will do:
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating closely with the Head of Technical Operations to ensure that Quality and Business processes are compliant with GMP across both Clinical and Commercial manufacturing.
- Having successfully communication with Business Leaders and Business development personnel in preparation for future opportunities.
- Oversee the financial responsibility for the site and ensure that annual revenue targets are met.
- Developing and implementing an operational strategy for the site, looking at; budget allocation, investment plans, team structure and time management on client projects.
- Assessing talent within the site, looking to coach develop and mentor high growth potential staff and ensuring that a robust succession plan is in place at all times but also be critical when assessing employee performance and making changes where necessary.
- Directly accountable for all functions in the site, with indirect accountability of QA, QC & Regulatory.
- Assure that all operations area are kept in a cGMP state of repair through coordination of preventive maintenance and cleaning activities with the Facilities department.
- Responsible for the on-going development of the site, working closely with engineering functions to ensure that the facility will meet its long term vision and goals.
- Drives and oversees regular and ad hoc risk assessment and mitigation planning and management.
- Develope a robust manufacturing strategy for the site to ensure that all production targets are achieved.
- Responsible for the initiation and deployment of site process improvement objectives and build the foundations to drive continuous, sustainable, flawless execution and performance through the application of operational excellence principles.
What you will bring:
The skills and experience you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or an engineering discipline or an advanced degree (MS, PhD or MBA).
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience of which at least 5-10 years in a Senior Management role overseeing a manufacturing environment with applicable clinical or commercial experience. Management of an aseptic biologics manufacturing facility is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of requirements pertaining to aseptic manufacture of products.
- Strong understanding of Validation (sterilization processes, equipment, clean rooms, processes, designs, etc.)
- Ideally a deep understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and (GCTP) Good Gene, Cellular and Tissue -Base Practices.
- Working knowledge of financial operations and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) in a bottom-line oriented business.
- Knowledge of aseptic processing, supporting technologies.
- Ability to work effectively with clients in a contract manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with the product development process for biological products is helpful.
- Background in lean, six sigma or other continuous improvement methodology desired.
- Ability to recruit, lead and develop a high-performance manufacturing organization.
What you will get:
The perks and benefits you will receive:
- A serious opportunity to move into C-Level position at the business.
- Joining a business at a significant point in its history with a large part of its growth happening within recent years.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Executive Site Head of Operations role, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Harry Simpson – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.