Our client is a rapidly growing & transforming Pharmaceutical company who drive healthcare forward, with a passion for what they do. They thrive on generating and implementing ideas that will improve customer efficiencies and quality of life for millions of people around the globe.
The company’s headquarters are situated in Stuttgart, DE, however, they also have production facilities and sales offices all across Europe, North & South America and APAC.
Our client is looking for a highly knowledgeable Procurement Category Professional with the proven ability to drive change.
They are looking for a Global Category Procurement Lead to support their ambitious growth plans. This role will be responsible for strategy development and implementation for the Global Marketing Materials & Services spend in order to deliver maximum value.
The individual taking on this new position must have a problem-solving mindset at a strategic level, with the ability to visualize the path forward and inspire collaboration to do this.
Key task and responsibilities:
- Category Management for Marketing Materials & Services
- Definition of global category and supplier strategy in close cooperation with internal stakeholder
- Continuous improvement of global categories by liaising with global category team
- Supply of market research and supplier selection
- Supplier qualification and management (including audit support)
- Settlement of contracts with suppliers nationally and globally
- Escalation and risk management in regards to suppliers
- Conception, planning and conduction of strategic sourcing activities including development and implementation of cost-reduction measures
The successful Applicant will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Several years of professional experience in indirect procurement, preferable in the procurement of Marketing Materials & Services
- Professional experience in procurement on operational as well as on a strategic level
- Good practice in a professional business relationship with suppliers/service providers
- Well experienced in Stakeholder- and Relationship Management
- Excellent commercial, communication and negotiation skills
- Team player with intercultural competence
- Decision-making skills, assertiveness and the ability to work independently
- English fluent, German Level B1 or higher (with a willingness to improve constantly)