Our client is a leading and international corporation who provide a variety of pre-clinical and clinical laboratory services for the pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology industries They also supply assorted biomedical products, research and development outsourcing services for the pharmaceutical industry, and their customers include most major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies around the world.
For more than 60 years, employees of this leading organization have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join this company, you will have a significant impact on the health and wellbeing of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work this organization performs. In return, they will help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
An opportunity has been created within the organization’s transforming Global Procurement Category function for a talented individual to join the organization as an Associate Director of Global Facility Services Procurement.
Reporting into the Director of Global Category Procurement, this position will be responsible for partnering with the Corp. Facilities Management Services, Business Unit Leaders, and Site Managers to develop and implement global category strategies, negotiate agreements and contracts, and manage special procurement project initiatives.
You will analyse, understand and manage global multimillion-dollar spend categories, to act as a strategic partner to functional areas within the company to lead the development and achievement of all category goals, including overall best value sourcing strategies for categories (quality, service and cost), negotiating and contracting, SRM (supplier relationship management), establishing partnerships with key suppliers, and harmonizing supplier base.
This position is also tasked with actively supporting IFM and FM services all across the global organization, and developing business cases to bring sites to the IFM model.
The position will also require strong operational alignment with key stakeholders and within Facilities Services as well as other categories such as Real Estate, Engineering and Construction, and Furniture. You must display excellent communication skills to all internal stakeholders, Senior Leadership teams, suppliers and industry forums.
The successful Applicant will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a related discipline. MBA or Engineering degree preferred.
- Experience: 8-12 years related Procurement experience, management/leadership experience preferred, preferably in a life sciences company and/or multinational corporation.
- Prior Category Management experience within Facilities Operations procurement is highly preferred
- Procurement process knowledge, category management, contract management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier analysis, supplier management, technology utilization and strategic planning
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Specific Categories Managed (Relevant experience preferred):
- Facility services (Hard, Soft, and Integrated service agreements).
- Equipment Maintenance.
- Bulk & Lab Gases.
- Catalog Management & Optimization.
- Capital equipment.
- Certification/Licensure: CPSM preferred.
- Benefits statement- Competitive 401k plan, Healthcare and Holiday Allowance, and a Competitive Annual Bonus
- Due to high volumes of applications, we cannot respond to all applicants. If you have not heard from Fraser Dove International within ten working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this occasion. Check back regularly for the latest opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups.