Our client is a leading international corporation who provide a variety of pre-clinical and clinical laboratory services, as well as associated biomedical products to the pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology industries. Their customers include most major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide.
An opportunity has arisen within the Global Procurement Category function for a talented individual to join the organization as a Global Lab Operations Category Procurement Lead. Reporting into the Vice President of Global Category Procurement, this position will be responsible for partnering with Business Unit Leaders, and Site Managers to develop and implement global Lab Operations category strategy, negotiate agreements and contracts, and manage special procurement project initiatives.
The role will require strong operational alignment with key stakeholders; thus potential applicants must display excellent communication skills to all internal stakeholders.
The successful Applicant will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a related discipline. MBA or Engineering, Scientific degree preferred
- Experience: 7-10 years related Procurement experience, management/leadership experience preferred, preferably in a life sciences company and/or multinational corporation
- Prior Category Management experience within Laboratory procurement is highly preferred
- Procurement process knowledge, category management, contract management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier analysis, supplier management, technology utilization and strategic planning
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Due to high volumes of applications, we cannot respond to all applicants. If you have not heard from Fraser Dove within ten working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this occasion. Check back regularly for the latest opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups.