Are you a strong leader with advanced knowledge of Chemical Development, R&D, Tech Transfer, and have good experience in GMP production?
Are you an influential leader who galvanises the workforce to provide a better and more efficient service for your clients?
Are you located in New Jersey, US, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is working exclusively with a renowned life sciences organisation that develops and manufactures on behalf of its pharmaceutical partners. With a global presence, this organisation is committed to adding value to pharmaceutical organisations.
Our client is seeking an outgoing leader who can manage the day-to-day activities of the Analytical, Chemical Development and Project Management Department of a pharmaceutical batch plant.
Discover more about our Head of Chemistry & Analytical Development and Project Management opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Head of Chemistry & Analytical Development and Project Management, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Assisting in the process of evaluating chemical procedures of new projects from external customers.
2) Evaluating chemical procedures of existing products regarding optimisation potential.
3) Participating as a member of the senior management team in the implementation of strategic directives.
What you will do:
As the Head of Chemistry & Analytical Development and Project Management, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating the chemical procedures of new projects regarding feasibility and optimisation potential.
- Monitoring, regulating, and coordinating the development proceedings.
- Estimating time expenditure on development and scale-up for new projects and existing products which require optimisation.
- Working according to cGMP standards and following internal SOPs.
- Setting up the development schedule and carrying the overall responsibility for on-time project cycles within the Chemical Development.
- Representing the company on technical issues with customers.
- Working closely with the legal department to review patent searches and ensuring literature search processes are up to date.
- Ensuring the efficiency and continuous improvement of business processes and chemical systems.
- Participating in defining and controlling strategic measurements and cost management.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Head of Chemistry & Analytical Development and Project Management:
- Outgoing and driven individual who can bring together great teams.
- Capable of partnering well with customers, evaluating their needs, and delivering on time Project Cycles.
- Excellent leadership skills with an understanding of how best to utilise and deploy staff.
- Analytical problem-solver with an interest in business strategy and strong customer empathy.
- Ideally possess a strong background in R&D and strong Chemistry skills.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Tech Transfer, Process Development, Process Optimisation and Project Management.
- 10+ years of experience in chemical development/optimisation.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Join a growing and developing site.
- Become a part of a Global Team that have quarterly meetings in client headquarters.
- Become a part of the Site Leadership Team.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Head of Chemistry & Analytical Development and Project Management, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Harry Simpson – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.