Are you interested in leading the strategic transformation and consolidation of our clients Commercial Manufacturing supply across the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to lead a newly developed Technical Commercial Support team?
Are you located in Amsterdam, Netherlands, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is working exclusively with an established pharmaceutical organisation dedicated to the ophthalmic field. They currently operate worldwide selling its products in approximately 60 countries and supply valuable products and services to meet unmet medical demands.
Our client is seeking a proactive and ambitious leader to take responsibility for the strategic planning and execution of EM&S (External Manufacturing and Sourcing) operations within EMEA as well as all technical support activities for commercialised products.
Discover more about our Head of External Manufacturing EMEA opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Head of External Manufacturing EMEA, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Managing the strategic planning and execution of External Manufacturing & Supply operations within EMEA.
2) Being responsible for the design and execution of the technical transfer process into all CMOs (Contract Manufacturing Organisations) for all products.
3) Developing and implementing the required organisation, standards, processes and procedures with all external partners.
What you will do:
As the Head of External Manufacturing EMEA, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing the vision for EM&S with direct accountability for external manufacturing operations and post-launch technical support.
- Collaborating with European Leadership team to provide strategic input and align organisation’s goals.
- Driving and developing the regional EM&S strategy.
- Delivering timely project management and execution of Technical Transfer projects for existing and new product launches.
- Leading external manufacturing and sourcing in a cost-efficient manner.
- Controlling the regional EM&S budget including capital investments, technical transfer expenses and laboratory costs.
- Supporting the Quality and Regulatory departments by providing technical solutions for CMO quality issues.
- Managing and mentoring EM&S function in EMEA to ensure it’s structured and meets evolving business needs.
- Driving change management and continuous improvement of EM&S.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Head of External Manufacturing EMEA:
- Ability to make strategic decisions in design, management and execution of external manufacturing alliances.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Results-driven with a high level of commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Demonstratable leadership skills and ability to communicate with people of all levels.
- Solid understanding of the drug development process and GMP requirements.
- 10 years+ experience in product supply and external manufacturing in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences with 15 years previous manufacturing experience.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Long-term growth opportunities.
- Opportunity to travel globally.
- Car/travel allowance.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Head of External Manufacturing EMEA, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Harry Simpson – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.