Do you have experience in IT and Automation?
Are you looking to use that knowledge to improve a sites information system?
Are you based in Germany or able to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is working exclusively with an established biopharmaceutical organisation seeking an experienced leader to provide technical leadership.
Discover more about our Head of IT & Automation opportunity; it’s objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Head of IT & Automation, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Provide technical leadership and business process alignment to manufacturing operational information and Automation systems.
2) Ensuring successful delivery of the site’s infrastructure information systems by working alongside the global enterprise team.
3) Ability to sustain and improve operations by executing projects in a fast paced, multi-disciplined, cross-functional team environment.
What you will do:
As the Head of IT & Automation, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing relationships between the business site leadership and global IT organisation ensuring internal customer expectations are met.
- Responsible for IT and automation long term strategic delivery to site leadership team with a 3-5 year vision of execution. Proposals should optimisation of the expertise of the plant.
- Provide expert guidance on new technologies and emerging IT & automation trends for process and business reengineering.
- Ensure security, compliance and data integrity regulatory standards are maintained across all site technology systems.
- Understand current system design and partner with key stakeholders and site leadership to deliver ideas and solutions to ensure ongoing delivery of operations.
- Aid internal resources and outside vendors in developing technical solutions for automated equipment.
- Collaborate with equipment vendors to ensure successful machine delivery, integration and validation.
- Support product, platform and cost improvement programs by delivering qualified vision systems and acquisition software, machine controls and PLC/SCADA software.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Head of IT & Automation:
- 8+ years relevant industry experience (Experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred).
- 5+ years proven track record in delivering IT & automation solutions in similar environment.
- 3+ years leadership experience – demonstrated ability to motivate and develop team
- Ability to manage and support manufacturing layer Infrastructure in conjunction with global teams
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance, SLC, Compliance and Data Integrity.
- Have the ability to make clear and courageous decisions.
- Influence key stakeholders at site and global level in the company.
- Relevant degree in IT, Mechatronics, Electronics, Computer Science or similar.
- Knowledge of Systems background: ERP, MES, Data Historian (OSI PI), Chromatography (Empower) and laboratory management systems. Knowledge of SCADA/DCS is an advantage.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Head of IT & Automation, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Maaria Ahmad – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within ten working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this occasion.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.