Do you have a demonstrated clinical/medical/PV leadership background and the ability to guide and influence?
Do you have a strategic mindset regarding PV system optimisation and long-term culture building?
Are you located in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is working exclusively with an innovative organisation specialising in developing ground-breaking medicines to treat a variety of diseases and illnesses. Operating worldwide, they are committed to adding value and improving patient quality of life.
Our client is seeking a strategic Pharmacovigilance (PV) expert to lead the entire German PV team.
Discover more about our Head of Pharmacovigilance opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Head of Pharmacovigilance Germany, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Leading and managing the German PV team and providing medical guidance in PV matters.
2) Ensuring the legal obligations of the Graduate Plan Officer adheres to German drug law, including Product Technical Complaints and Counterfeits.
3) Representing the organisation’s PV system on a local level and keeping the global PV organisation aware of relevant changes.
What you will do:
As the Head of Pharmacovigilance Germany, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Taking accountability for all PV matter toward the local Health Authorities.
- Escalating any safety relevance matters and taking respective actions to safeguard appropriately.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the company’s compliance concerning laws, regulations and guidance associated with licensing products.
- Ensuring the collection, review, processing, and distribution of adverse event information on a country level.
- Collaborating with Headquarters to provide local safety issue and crisis management, as well as detect and escalate local safety observations.
- Educating, training, and mentoring within the local organisation on PV matters.
- Reviewing the PV components of all domestic study protocols and informed consents.
- Reviewing all local patient support programs and other undertakings with potential consequences on PV obligations.
- Leading the local Safety Management Team (SMT) and liaising with the relevant expert functions in the local Safety Risk Management Plan (RMP).
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Head of Pharmacovigilance:
- Transparent and efficient internal communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to prioritise appropriately.
- Demonstrated relationship building, and effective facilitation and change management skills.
- Fluency in German and English (both written and verbal).
- Ability to demonstrate an agile approach to PV strategy and implement changes to optimise the PV function.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a global healthcare organisation in a Pharmacovigilance role.
- Physician/Medical Degree qualified candidate or a strong scientific background.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Annual bonus.
- Health insurance.
- Pension plan.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Head of Pharmacovigilance click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Dan Eastwood – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.