Do you have a passion for innovation and improving business strategies?
Are you looking for an opportunity to bring Quality up the agenda in an established organisation?
Are you based in Berlin, Germany, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is working exclusively with an innovative organisation specialising in developing ground-breaking medicines to treat a variety of diseases and illnesses. Operating worldwide, they are committed to adding value and improving their patient’s quality of life.
Our client is seeking an exceptional leader capable of facilitating a culture change across Quality and overseeing that the entire Quality function is adhering to cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) requirements.
Discover more about our Head of Quality opportunity; it’s objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Head of Quality, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Facilitating a culture change and driving a new strategy across Quality.
2) Working in a cross-collaborative environment to bring quality up the agenda.
3) Harnessing your passion for innovation to build out new teams and functions.
What you will do:
As the Head of Quality, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing effective leadership to develop objectives and business strategies.
- Selecting key personnel and motivating members of the functional area.
- Establishing QA (Quality Assurance) and QC (Quality Control) functions, systems, procedures and specifications.
- Managing QA and QC deviations and complaints in order to assure timely investigations, resolution of issues and implementation of corrective measures.
- Overseeing GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) relevant processes, change control, document control and archiving processes.
- Establishing policies and procedures to ensure released products are manufactured under cGMP requirements.
- Ensuring that facilities, equipment and processes are validated, calibrated and operated consistent with cGMP.
- Ensuring batch disposition of bulk, intermediates and final containers according to legal and cGMP requirements.
- Maintaining awareness of current GMP trends, manufacturing processes and analytical methods.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Head of Quality:
- Demonstrated sound judgement, strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Track record of meeting and exceeding targets whilst managing others to achieve corporate objectives.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to manage a matrixed environment.
- Fluent in English and possess a willingness to learn German.
- Previous experience facilitating a culture change and driving a new strategy within an established organisation.
- Extensive experience within Quality or Operations from a pharmaceutical background and a robust understanding of GMP.
- Master’s degree in a science or technical field, PhD is preferred.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Long-term incentives.
- Pension plan.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Head of Quality, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Global Executive Research Manager – Kaitlin Francis – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.