Are you motivated by the opportunity to head up R&D Clinical Procurement for a medium-sized €1.5Bn Pharma organisation and have a greater scope of responsibility in a more focused team?
Are you keen to join one of the most innovative organisations in the life sciences industry?
Are you located in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is partnering exclusively with a distinguished pharmaceutical organisation specialising in pain management and related diseases. With a proven track record of producing innovative treatments, this global organisation is committed to eradicating pain.
Our client is seeking a self-starter to take responsibility for category design, stakeholder engagement, business partnering and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
Discover more about our Head of R&D Procurement Clinical opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As Head of R&D Procurement Clinical, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Owning the end-to-end strategic sourcing of goods and services within Research and Development.
2) Designing, implementing and executing the category strategy for Clinical Trials.
3) Ensuring supplier performance meets agreed expectations and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
What you will do:
As the Head of R&D Procurement Clinical, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Owning the end-to-end strategic sourcing of goods and services within Research to ensure attainment of best service and value.
- Serving as a key interface with external parties and working within a matrix environment.
- Leading strategic sourcing initiatives; assessing supplier competitive landscape, developing bid lists, evaluating proposals.
- Overseeing supplier evaluation/selection, supplier management/issue resolution, process optimisation and execution of commercial agreements.
- Supporting internal stakeholders to identify and implement opportunities and process to influence improvement in service, quality, delivery, costs and contract milestones.
- Collaborating with a broad variety of internal stakeholders to identify and map out common sourcing needs and identify areas of improvement.
- Performing ongoing benchmarking of outsourcing landscape to identify new opportunities and implement improvements with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders on continuous improvement of processes and methodology for contracting with suppliers.
- Maintaining standardised practices and tools for the entire outsourcing “value chain”.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Head of R&D Procurement Clinical:
- Results-driven with an entrepreneurial mindset and extremely strong communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders to build the organisation and deliver success.
- Strong work ethic, business acumen and determination to succeed.
- A “can do” attitude and a willingness to achieve personal and organisational goals.
- Ability to coordinate, manage, and drive multiple activities concerning R&D Strategic Sourcing.
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in R&D strategic sourcing/outsourcing in Research, Pre-Clinical or Translational Science service areas.
- Scientific Educational background and a higher degree would be an advantage in this role.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Relocation assistance and comprehensive pay package.
- Scope to growth, either into the hiring managers role or other areas of Procurement.
- Some element of flexible working is involved with this package.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Head of R&D Procurement Clinical, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Harry Simpson – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.