Are you motivated by the opportunity to be hands-on with the world’s leading COVID-19 vaccine and prepare our clients’ site for commercial delivery?
Do you bring many years of experience in a Commercial Sterile Fill Finish environment?
Are you located in central Germany, or are you willing to relocate for this attractive opportunity?
Fraser Dove International is working exclusively with a renowned life sciences organisation that develops and manufactures on behalf of its pharmaceutical partners. With a global presence, this organisation is committed to adding value to pharmaceutical organisations.
Our client is seeking a proactive leader to manage pharmaceutical production, set manufacturing standards and lead a large site to success.
Discover more about our Head of Site Technical Operations opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Head of Site Technical Operations, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Take responsibility for sterile production, filling, and optical control & packaging, as well as the engineering department with 300 employees.
2) Managing employee productivity (output/direct employee) and plant productivity (output/machine).
3) Leading and overseeing the subordinate production lines/department heads.
What you will do:
As the Head of Site Technical Operations, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the teams up to speed and solving day-to-day problems.
- Ensuring equipment effectiveness (OEE) and delivery readiness (OTIF).
- Developing and managing budget preparation in coordination with group management and adherence to budget.
- Ensuring compliance with FDA, GMP and legal requirements and regulations.
- Solving problems for single batches and bringing the site forwards.
- Acting as the contact person for customers, suppliers, and authorities.
- Developing and empowering staff to support manufacturing activities.
- Arranging and participating in weekly calls with the main pharmaceutical customers for specific product challenges.
- Assessing all major deviations that impact product quality.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Head of Site Technical Operations:
- Self-motivated and able to deal with new or difficult situations easily.
- Strong work ethic and determination to succeed.
- Excellent German and English language skills.
- Ability to recognise and nurture emerging talent to maintain global competitiveness.
- Extensive leadership experience and ability to communicate with employees of all levels and corporate cultures.
- 7-10 years of experience in international technical operations management.
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy, chemistry, biology or another life sciences related discipline.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Short and long-term incentives.
- Company car.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Head of Site Technical Operations, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Harry Simpson – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.