Do you have previous experience managing projects in pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities?
Are you looking for an opportunity to oversee Quality Control (QC) regarding equipment and laboratory instruments?
Are you located in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is partnering exclusively with a biopharmaceutical organisation specialising in developing and distributing vaccines. Operating worldwide, they are committed to preventing disease and saving lives.
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic leader to take responsibility for project management focusing on equipment and laboratory instruments related to QC.
Discover more about our Quality Control Equipment Engineer opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Quality Control Equipment Engineer, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Taking responsibility for project management focusing on laboratory instruments, equipment and automation related to QC.
2) Leading cross-functional project teams and providing engineering leadership.
3) Working closely with the QC department in the identification of new instruments, equipment systems and laboratory improvements.
What you will do:
As the Quality Control Equipment Engineer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Identifying equipment of the proper type, size, materials of construction, throughput, physical dimensions and required utilities.
- Managing the administration and oversight of the QC equipment lifecycle management programme (procurement through decommissioning).
- Executing investment projects together with external contractors or with internal resources.
- Interacting with the IT department to specify IT requirements and software environments.
- Preparing capital investment requests (and associated feasibility studies and/or conceptual design works).
- Supporting continuous improvement and optimisation of processes and associated instruments, equipment and laboratory systems.
- Collaborating with peers in the continuous improvement of technical infrastructure, including engineering standards, practices, specifications, procedures and business processes.
- Interacting with external vendors and contractors.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Quality Control Equipment Engineer:
- Outstanding leadership and relationship building skills in a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders to build the organisation and deliver success.
- Self-motivated and able to deal with new or difficult situations easily.
- A “can do” attitude and a willingness to achieve personal and organisational goals.
- Familiarity with a QC environment in Germany and QC laboratories is crucial for this position.
- At least 5 years’ previous experience within the Pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology industry.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or related discipline.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Free parking.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Quality Control Equipment Engineer, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Richard Dane – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.