Do you have experience leading and developing a sales team to exceed regional targets?
Are you looking for an opportunity to shape the sales strategy of a growing organisation?
Are you located in California, United States, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is partnering exclusively with an innovative pharmaceutical organisation specialising in delivering medicines and solutions to people living with severe diseases.
Operating worldwide, they are committed to enriching and transforming the lives of patients.
Our client is seeking a passionate individual capable of leading and developing the sales team to yield a strong sales performance that meets and surpasses business goals.
Discover more about our Regional Sales Director opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Regional Sales Director, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Taking full ownership of staffing, development and performance of the regional sales team.
2) Ensuring that financial targets are met or exceeded across the region.
3) Measuring sales impact and identifying ways to improve the overall sales strategy.
What you will do:
As the Regional Sales Director, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Leading and developing the sales team, inspiring accountability, initiative and energy.
- Ensuring that sales forecasts and operational budgets are met or exceeded.
- Developing and monitoring metrics to measure performance.
- Conducting market research and monitoring competitive activity to improve strategy and increase knowledge of current industry trends.
- Shaping sales strategies, sales models and regional plans to improve efficiency.
- Communicating key commercial plans to the sales team so that targets are understood.
- Providing solutions to obstacles so that local teams are prepared and able to succeed.
- Developing the sales team through mentoring, day-to-day leadership and delivery of timely feedback.
- Communicating with customers to ensure that the sales team are addressing their needs.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Regional Sales Director:
- Ability to manage and motivate team to achieve sales targets.
- Demonstrated sound judgement, strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Ability to formulate a business plan and empower team to execute it.
- Thorough understanding of customer segments and market dynamics.
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- 10 years’ previous experience in pharmaceutical sales and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Business, Life Sciences or another equivalent.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Performance bonus.
- Relocation assistance.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Car/travel allowance.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Regional Sales Director, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Charlie Copleston – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.