Are you motivated by the opportunity to have responsibility for developing and executing strategies on process development, technology transfer and scale-up?
Do you bring many years of experience in a Sterile Injectables environment?
Are you located in Ireland, or are you willing to relocate for this attractive opportunity?
Fraser Dove International is working with a Biopharma organisation that is going through a strong phase of growth. With a global presence, this organisation is committed to adding value to pharmaceutical organisations.
Our client is seeking a dynamic leader to focus on addressing any performance issues and implementing the company’s Tech Ops strategy in an effort to ensure Tech Ops is adding value to the business.
Discover more about our Senior Director Technical Operations opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities, and the skills, experience, and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Senior Director Technical Operations, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Providing strategic direction to the company’s global technical team and delivering Tech Ops Objectives.
2) Fostering effective cross-functional working relationships with internal and external team members.
3) Providing technical support to existing commercial products manufactured at contract manufacturers and those within the company network.
What you will do:
As the Senior Director Technical Operations, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provides strategic direction to the technical team.
- Acts as liaison between R&D and Commercial Operations to ensure new products launch on time and adhere to corporate objectives and goals.
- Provides technical guidance to troubleshoot manufacturing processes.
- Collaborates with formulation scientists and scale-up teams to ensure optimal process development and application of QbD principles.
- Act as proxy for the SVP Tech Ops as necessary.
- Harmonizes business processes across the technical organization implementing best practices accordingly.
- Identifies and executes on manufacturing improvement/COGs reduction projects.
- Responsible for ensuring company objectives align with Quality, Supply Chain, and the Generics Business Unit objectives.
- Responsible for delivering the Tech Ops company Objectives.
- Remains current with regulatory requirements that affect study design, execution, analysis, etc.
- Ensures goals and objectives are aligned with the business needs.
- Works with Strategic Sourcing to identify CMO’s for new business opportunities.
- Drives implementation of Tech Ops strategy.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Senior Director Technical Operations:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Life Sciences or related field from an accredited university is required; Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of manufacturing process development experience in a regulated environment, with at least 10years’ experience successfully managing teams.
- Experience with formulation and process development of oral solid-dosage, sterile, liquid, creams, ointments, and other dosage forms is required.
- Sterile Manufacturing experience at an internal site or preferably at a third party.
- Tech Transfer experience is essential.
- Strong knowledge, understanding and demonstrated experience in Supply Chain Operations, including inventory management, planning, scheduling, and all associated measures and metrics.
- Knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical OSD manufacturing, compounding, production processes, and packaging operations, equipment, and facilities.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Senior Director Technical Operations, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Alice Wearn – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.