Do you have previous experience across all facets of Quality Control (QC) within clinical and commercial manufacturing?
Are you looking for an opportunity to scale up the Quality Control function and represent the department on the Leadership Team?
Are you located in Texas, US, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is working exclusively with an established biotechnology organisation specialising in pioneering cell therapies and new medicines. Operating worldwide, they are dedicated to becoming the world’s leading pharma healthcare organisation.
Our client is seeking a strategic leader to manage the QC department, including leading and coaching the team.
Discover more about our Senior Manager Quality Control opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Senior Manager Quality Control, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Reorganising the Quality Control function and executing the strategy across the organisation.
2) Scaling up Quality Control with new methods and processes.
3) Getting Quality Control to work more cross-collaboratively with other departments in the organisation.
What you will do:
As the Senior Manager Quality Control, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Representing the Quality Control department in the Gene Therapy Asset Leadership team.
- Acting as an advisor to the subordinate manager/supervisor for the Gene Therapy (Viral Vector) and Raw Materials labs.
- Developing a tool for monitoring QC resource capacity and providing feedback when capacity constraints exist.
- Driving technical transfer, staff training, and assay qualification/validation activities.
- Leading, mentoring, and coaching staff through routine meetings and effectively managing performance.
- Writing, reviewing, and/or approving SOPs, sampling plans, protocols, and specifications.
- Preparing project plans, writing status reports and giving oral presentations to customers and management.
- Preparing monthly management reports including budget analysis and project updates.
- Developing and monitoring team performance measures to understand effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of group performance.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Senior Manager Quality Control:
- Strong technical mindset with the ability to make sound decisions.
- Demonstratable experience in leading teams with 5 direct reports; coaching, training, and mentoring.
- A customer-centric mindset who sees both the chances and challenges to be taken, with a passion for delivering change.
- Demonstratable leadership skills and ability to communicate with people of all levels.
- Ability to ensure delivery excellence for their own goals and those of his/her team.
- Previous experience across all facets of QC with experience across clinical and commercial manufacturing.
- Bachelor of Science in a related field, Master’s or PhD is preferred.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Relocation package
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Senior Manager Quality Control, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Jason Cachia – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.