Do you have 5 years of previous experience as a MSL with experience working within the medicinal cannabis industry?
Are you attracted by the opportunity to work with one of the best UK cannabis start-up biotechs with a very strong market footprint?
Are you located in the UK, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is partnering exclusively with a growing biotechnology organisation specialising in producing medicinal cannabis medicines. Operating worldwide, they are committed to raising awareness of alternative medicines that can save lives.
Our client is seeking a Medical Science Liaison to be the medical lead in the business, providing scientific advice where it’s needed and taking the lead with the majority of projects they work on.
Discover more about our Senior Medical Science Liaison opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Senior Medical Science Liaison, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Proactively educating UK KOLs about the clinical use, scientific research and pharmacology supporting cannabis medicines.
2) Maintaining business and clinical knowledge of market trends including treatment strategies, competitors, therapy developments etc.
3) Leading the clinical/scientific side of company events, training seminars, publications, PR, etc.
What you will do:
As the Senior Medical Science Liaison, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and developing relationships with regional and national KOLs in close coordination with the Medical Director.
- Increasing the client’s visibility among leaders in the relevant therapeutic fields.
- Participating in medical education for healthcare professionals through presentations at office visits and medical meetings.
- Responding to unsolicited requests for medical information associated with supported products and disease state areas.
- Providing effective clinical presentations that are tailored to internal and external audiences.
- Identifying and communicating key clinical and research issues and insights from industry leaders to appropriate departments to share company research and development.
- Presenting scientific and clinical data for the client’s medicines.
- Identifying and contacting relevant clinicians, academics and organisations and contacting them via email and phone to discuss cannabis medicines and their uses.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Senior Medical Science Liaison:
- Innate self-starter with proven experience successfully working autonomously – creating new work and proactively connecting with KOLs.
- Outgoing, likeable team player that can contribute to the culture of the company.
- First-rate communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of the UK health system with an understanding of the relevant codes of best practice, institutions and geographical landscape
- Proven experience from within the medicinal cannabis industry with up-to-date knowledge of market leaders and regulatory changes.
- A minimum of 5 years of previous experience as a Medical Science Liaison with an extensive KOL network.
- A Masters or PhD in life sciences-related subject.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Short-term bonus.
- Potential of stocks/shares as the company goes through an IPO (within 12 months).
- Autonomy to make the role your own, wearing many hats and holding some ownership of working schedule.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Senior Medical Science Liaison, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – George Steere – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.