Fraser Dove International is working exclusively with a leading Global Contract Manufacturer of Pharmaceuticals & Biologics, over the past 3 years, they have been going through an extremely exciting period of investment, leading to the acquisition of new businesses and development of existing and new sites. This particular role is an opportunity to work at their leading Cell & Gene Therapy Manufacturing facility worldwide, serving as the leader for the Tech Transfer of Viral Vector Manufacturing from Process Development or Clients to GMP Production.
Discover more about our Sr MSAT Manager opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Sr MSAT Manager, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Establishing short term and long-term group directions and objectives. Responsible for resource allocation and project prioritization.
2) Serve as the MSAT Business partner for the Viral Vector asset.
3) Coach, develop and mentor a team of Scientists and Engineers, with the plan of those individuals becoming capable leaders for the business moving forward.
What you will do:
In this role, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- This position is responsible for managing a medium group of Scientists and Engineers whose major responsibility is process Technology Transfer from PD or clients to GMP Viral Vector production.
- This incumbent serves as the MSAT business partner within the Viral Vector asset at Lonza Houston.
- The responsibilities of this management role include coaching and mentoring employees guidance, providing technical leadership roles in client-facing projects and / or Lonza strategic projects, establishing new processes and policies, promoting global MSAT interactions and mediating conflicts, providing technical input and guiding company strategy, prioritizing work and assisting in establishing long term group direction and objectives.
- Follows all training and policy guidelines established for the facility as well as all cGMP requirements. Ensures employee training profile is up to date at all times by regular monitoring of training lists (e.g. ComplianceWire, SAP Learning Portal) and completing all training in a timely fashion.
- Provide general supervision to a group of MSAT Scientists and Engineers whose responsibility is process Technology Transfer of Viral Vector manufacturing processes (including upstream, downstream, and drug product fill-finish process)
- Provide technical guidance to subordinates and cross-functional project teams in areas of process Tech transfer, process design and scale-up, facility fit, gap analysis, FMEA risk assessment, troubleshooting and investigation.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement.
- Build cross-functional relationships with other internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to Process Development, Viral Vector manufacturing, Quality units, and other global MSAT organizations.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert during internal and external audits.
- Coach and develop staff for future leadership roles. Manages group performance.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed are:
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Scientific, Process, Biomedical, Mechanical or Bioengineering and/or equivalent knowledge.
- High energy levels with a passion for what you do. Organized and structured, good attention to details. Strong managing skills in matrix organizations.
- Ability to adapt to project situations at full speed and solution-oriented decision taking.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Growth Opportunity.
- Mentoring from senior leadership.
- Open’s a lot of doors to Global opportunities within our client’s network.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Sr MSAT Manager, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Harry Simpson – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.