Do you have experience as a Manager within biopharmaceutical skids and/or plants and possess a strong background in the mammalian/microbial industry? One of the world’s leading suppliers in the Specialty Ingredient space is looking for an Upstream Process Engineering Lead to support their engineering department. Our Client is one of the world’s leading suppliers to the Pharma & Biotech space, delivering speciality ingredients to some of the largest names in the industry. With new facilities being built over the next 4 years at their location close to Bern, you are responsible for providing technical leadership for large mammalian projects – from design through execution to handover.
The main responsibilities of this position are to:
- Provide leadership to the project team during the design (basic design, detailed design), construction, commissioning and qualification phase
- Manage external contractors, equipment vendors, and other assigned team members
- Manage assigned budget and schedule
- Support for equipment procurement from bid package preparation to vendor selection
- Responsible for USP Turnover Packages management
- Manage preparation of USP process relevant documents
- Perform other duties as assigned
The successful applicant will possess the following skills or attributes:
- Master or Bachelor degree in Process-, Chemical–, Mechanical- or Bio-Engineering and/or equivalent knowledge
- Minimum eight years of management experience for biopharmaceutical skids and/or plants, preferably some experience with maintaining a running plant
- Minimum five years of work experience within the mammalian/microbial industry
- Good technical understanding with deep knowledge in the area of USP for Pharma / Biotechnology (Mammalian and/or Microbial)
- Fluency in English. Good German level is preferred
- High energy levels with a passion for what you do
- Organized and structured, good attention to details
- Strong managing skills in matrix organizations
- All preselected Applications will be forwarded and processed by our Swiss Partner, SDE Services AG, according to Swiss law.
- Due to high volumes of applications, we cannot respond to all applicants. If you have not heard from Fraser Dove International within ten working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this occasion. Check back regularly for the latest opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups.