Are you a proactive leader with previous Cell and Gene Therapy experience?
Are you looking for an opportunity to manage regional budgets and design the manufacturing strategy for gene therapies?
Are you located in North Carolina, United States, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is working exclusively with an innovative organisation specialising in developing lifesaving vaccines and gene therapy treatments. Operating worldwide, they are committed to advancing medical technologies to transform and improve lives.
Our client is seeking a Vice President of Manufacturing to support the development of a portfolio of key Adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapies and manage the internal gene therapy manufacturing activities.
Discover more about our Vice President of Manufacturing opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Vice President of Manufacturing, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Leading and driving a successful network of manufacturing partners to manufacture key AAV gene therapies.
2) Developing a strong and cost-efficient supply chain to deliver product on time to clinical sites and patients.
3) Overseeing an experienced Contract Manufacturing Organisation (CMO) management group.
What you will do:
As the Vice President of Manufacturing your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Establishing an experienced CMO management group to support all technical activities with external partners.
- Acting as the main point of contact for all relations with external clients and partners.
- Utilising the technical support team to coordinate CMO activity, QA, QC, Tech Transfer, Process Development and Project Management.
- Managing reports and budgets within the external group.
- Ensuring that objectives and deliverables are achieved to their maximum potential.
- Working in close collaboration with your VP counterpart to manage the internal gene therapy manufacturing activities.
- Collaborating with Global Supply Chain management to implement an effective gene therapy supplier network strategy.
- Designing the strategy, scale-up and tech transfer of the gene therapies.
- Coaching and mentoring CMO management group and creating an environment that promotes career development.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Vice President of Manufacturing:
- Demonstratable leadership skills and ability to communicate with people of all levels.
- Desire to develop a growing organisation and mentor your team to be next-level leaders.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced, matrix environment.
- Strong self-initiative, assertiveness, goal-orientated and communication strength.
- Previous knowledge of Clinical and Commercial Manufacturing of Cell or Gene Therapy products.
- 10+ years previous experience in management and manufacturing, process development, engineering or supply chain.
- D. in relevant Life Sciences or Engineering degree.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Relocation assistance.
- Flexible working opportunities.
- Generous holiday allowance.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Vice President of Manufacturing click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Harry Simpson – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.