Do you have experience driving and supporting product development activities with a lean staff in close collaboration with Quality, Operations, and Clinical teams?
Are you an exceptional leader with the ability to build engineering capabilities?
Are you located in Minnesota, US, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is working with an innovative Fortune 500 Medical Device organisation based in Minneapolis, US. This global leader is developing and delivering novel non-viral gene therapies for patients.
Our client is seeking a Vice President of Engineering to leverage their engineering skillset, impact the organisations’ strategy, lead a team of talented engineers and project managers, and build upon their years of experience in the Medical Device industry.
Discover more about our Vice President of Engineering opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the Vice President of Engineering, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Directing the engineering team and providing consistent and effective leadership.
2) Managing timely execution of development projects.
3) Establishing world-class standards and ensuring appropriate development practices across the organisation.
What you will do:
As the Vice President of Engineering, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Leading all aspects of the design, development, and technical operations for the organisations minimally invasive PEF system for gene delivery.
- Building and leading a team of talented engineers.
- Authoring technical files for regulatory submissions.
- Working closely with Research, Clinical, Regulatory, Legal, and Business Development leaders to advance applications of the PEF system.
- Collaborating with contract manufacturers for outsourced development activities.
- Working with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in the clinical environment to develop requirements and improve device usability.
- Contributing to and shaping the future roadmap of the organisation in alignment with the business strategy.
- Spearheading the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies.
- Providing thought leadership, strategic direction and execution planning guidance.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the Vice President of Engineering:
- Excellent planning, time management and organisation skills.
- Demonstrated sound judgement, strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Demonstratable ability to build effective and efficient teams.
- Confident decision-maker and the ability to think strategically.
- Excellent leadership skills with an understanding of how best to utilise and deploy staff.
- At least 15 years of previous experience in Engineering with at least 5 years at Management level or above.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Generous holiday allowance.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Vice President of Engineering, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Will Fraser – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.