Do you have experience leading quality strategy in a medical devices or related life science industry?
Are you looking to employ that knowledge to create and implement a global Quality Strategy?
Are you based near New Jersey, USA, or are willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is working exclusively with an innovative medical device organisation seeking a visionary leader with exceptional strategic influence. They develop and distribute medical devices, laboratory instruments and diagnostic products direct to clinics and hospitals worldwide, improving patient outcomes across the globe.
As the Vice President of Global Quality (GMP), you will lead a team responsible for Quality and Regulatory Affairs at manufacturing facilities across North America and Europe.
As the Vice President of Global Quality (GMP), you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Develop Quality strategy
Implement strategies to improve and sustain Quality from concept to post-market surveillance.
2) Implement Quality standards
Ensure the quality function complies with all global regulatory standards and requirements.
3) Improve efficiency
Lead continuous improvement to ensure the effectiveness of Quality Systems.
What you will do:
As the Vice President of Global Quality (GMP), your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Create and implement best practice quality vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Implement and monitor all Quality Assurance systems to ensure compliance with ISO, FDA, ICH and EU directives/requirements.
- Maintain the Quality Risk Management system to assure that risks are adequately controlled as per current requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement activities to ensure problems are prevented and issues resolved efficiently and economically.
- Ensure that Quality meets or improves on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets (KPIs) in line with business objectives.
- Promoting collaboration and transfer of best practice across Quality Operations and the broader organisation.
- Liaise directly with Federal Drugs Administration (FDA), notified bodies and other regulatory agencies.
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Develop the technical, GMP and leadership skills of direct reports, including performance reviews.
What you will bring:
These are the qualifications and experience you need to succeed as the Vice President of Global Quality (GMP):
- Comprehensive experience in a Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) environment.
- Thorough understanding of facility design and operating principles for medical devices manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of all Quality Systems required for medical devices manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability in managing significant headcount in a quality capacity.
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex regulatory projects.
- Good practical understanding of finance and business analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or related discipline. (Masters or PhD preferred).
What you need:
These are the skills and competencies you should possess to deliver as the Vice President of Global Quality (GMP):
- Capability to engage, influence and motivate colleagues of all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Skilled in human relations, conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- First-rate interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
What you get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Performance Bonus.
- Profit sharing.
- Private healthcare.
- Dental insurance.
- Health/fitness club membership.
- Private pension.
- Remote working options.
- Relocation assistance.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Vice President of Global Quality (GMP), click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Jason Cachia – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.