Do you have extensive experience in Indirect Procurement?
Are you looking to apply that expertise to a rapidly growing & transforming Pharmaceutical company?
Are you based near Cologne, DE, or are willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove is exclusively partnering with an Innovative & multinational pharmaceutical company who are rapidly growing & transforming at this time. They specialize in the production of high-quality pharmaceutical products, and in recent years they have built a unique business model, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network. They are also a company that is growing organically and inorganically at this time, including a high investment in their Procurement function.
The Company sells its products primarily in Europe and the Asia Pacific Region, they also employ more than 8,000 people globally today and they offer an attractive working environment for their employees in which they can develop personally and professionally.
A new position of VP, Indirect Procurement has been created at our client’s Global HQ’s in Germany.
Reporting directly into the global Chief Procurement Officer, the Vice President of Indirect Procurement will be responsible for the creation of a new global Indirect Procurement organisation, including the direction and oversight of €550m + of fragmented indirect spend. Spend categories in scope will include sales and marketing, professional services, freight and logistics, consulting, IT, and other services. This role will also lead a team of Direct Reports, consisting of Global Category Directors and Managers.
This position will provide the strategic implementation and direction to all Global Indirect Procurement functions. This role will also lead the development and implementation of the global procurement strategy necessary to ensure a continuous supply of quality, cost-effective goods & services. In addition, this role will be responsible for the creation and implementation of key indirect procurement policies and metrics.
Key task and responsibilities:
- Manage purchasing activities for all indirect supplies and services globally with overall responsibility for developing strategic purchasing direction and initiatives
- Develop and manage indirect procurement metrics
- Oversee and direct the management of vendor relationships, contract activities, vendor qualifications, and selection to ensure the company receives maximum value in price, quality, and reliability
- Engage procurement executives and other key stakeholders as appropriate and increase engagement with the Business to improve coverage, especially where Procurement is engaged late or not at all.
- Develop a strategic vision for indirect procurement. Manage the procurement process to effectively coordinate with all relevant departments and management teams to provide effective procurement support
- Ensure compliance with corporate purchasing policies, procedures, and spending guidelines
- Drive standardization of processes and procedures
- Utilize established Procurement tools and systems
- Manage and support corporate oversight for purchases across multiple expense categories and create a strategic vision for the company, driving purchasing synergies to achieve cost savings across categories
- Ensure alignment of departmental activities with organizational goals
- Focus on staff development, career counseling, and performance reviews to ensure that the team receives up-to-date industry awareness and knowledge
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all-encompassin
The successful Applicant will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree required a Masters qualification would be desired
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in a sourcing/procurement environment
- Senior-level indirect procurement experience preferred
- Life Science Industry experience would be an advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement principles and best practices
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities
- Ability to influence senior management both internally and externally
- Experience negotiating commercial terms and service agreements
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise good business judgment
Got what it takes?
To apply for the Global Category Procurement Lead, Marketing vacancy, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Josh Wheldon – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.