Do you have experience leading an API Process Research & Development strategy?
Are you looking to join a globally leading organisation to create a strategy and drive growth?
Are you based in Germany or willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is partnering exclusively with a distinguished pharmaceutical organisation seeking an accomplished executive to bring fresh ideas and an innovative approach into the organisational. Ultimately with the goal of developing the group’s capabilities and taking the group to the next level.
Discover more about our VP of API Process R&D opportunity; it’s objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the VP of API Process R&D, you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Successfully manage a multi-project API development portfolio including resource allocations and cross-functional people development on managerial and technician level.
2) Develop and implement innovative strategies and processes to create a robust submission strategy.
3) Define and shape the 5-year strategic plan for the group, including personnel development and capability building.
What you will do:
As the VP of API Process R&D, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Lead and improve Process R&D tasks and organization, in particular, define a future strategy for the function, improve and adjust competencies, people portfolio, capabilities and technologies depending on the portfolio as well as align and integrate strategies and priorities within Chemical Development and Global Chemical & Pharmaceutical Development.
- Manage and develop a centre of excellence for process chemistry in order to develop state of the art syntheses, technology and processes to achieve short development timelines, low cost of goods and seamless transfer to product supply.
- Develop and implement fast, lean and cost-efficient procedures within Global Chemical & Pharmaceutical Development.
- Built and manage a strong interface with other Global R&D functions, Product Supply, and external contract development and research organization platforms.
- Manage a multi-project API development portfolio including resource allocations, and cross-functional people development on managerial and technician level.
- Advance and develop state-of-the-art development strategies and processes according to external regulatory guidelines and actively shape internal procedures and standards for technical API registration documents.
- Ensure efficient and successful safety and security concept in the function facilities.
- Define and shape a very active personnel development strategy for the function including talent and know-how management with key interfaces in R&D and Product Supply.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the VP of API Process R&D:
- PhD degree in chemistry with an international background (e.g. postdoctoral studies or professional experience) preferred.
- Long-term professional experience in API R&D, Process Research, API-Scale up and/or API production.
- Proven leadership skills and long-term experience as a leader (m/f/d) as well as experience in cross-functional and international teams.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, in order to operate effectively in global teams and across functional boundaries.
- Ability to attract and develop talents, to meet their career goals as well as current and future business needs.
- High ability to solve problems and to structure and simplify complex tasks.
- Fluent in English & German, both verbal and written.
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Performance bonus with multipliers.
- Long Term Incentive.
- Clear Career Path.
Got what it takes?
To apply for the VP of API Process R&D, click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Richard Dane – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.