Do you have 10-12+ years of laboratory experience in the biopharmaceutical industry?
Are you looking for an opportunity to devise creative, scientific solutions to address client requirements?
Are you located in Maryland, US, or are you willing to relocate?
Fraser Dove International is partnering exclusively with a leading Clinical Research Organisation (CRO) specialising in improving clinical research and developing new medicines. Operating worldwide, they are committed to producing life-changing treatments.
Our client is seeking a thought leader in the scientific community to communicate with clients on data interpretation, presentation and troubleshooting.
Discover more about our VP Research (Immunology) opportunity; its objectives, duties/responsibilities and the skills, experience and competencies needed to succeed.
As the VP Research (Immunology), you will be measured against the following objectives:
1) Providing scientific and strategic direction on research projects.
2) Providing leadership to a dynamic and expanding team of 30 scientists.
3) Communicating and collaborating effectively with clients to deliver exceptional customer service and project delivery.
What you will do:
As the VP Research (Immunology), your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Devising creative scientific solutions that address client requirements, design and implementation of assay development, validation and sample testing projects.
- Training and mentoring staff on data interpretation, presentation and troubleshooting.
- Communicating and problem solving with clients to best define the scientific approach for projects.
- Supporting the business team in scientific consultations and discussions with clients.
- Providing leadership to the scientific and technical teams including scientific expertise, recruitment, direction and staff development.
- Supporting Translational strategies to help advance our clients’ objectives.
- Collaborating closely and support other critical functions of the company, such as Quality, Business Development, Operations and Project Management.
- Identifying needs for new infrastructure, equipment and capabilities to support client projects.
- Engaging with the external scientific community and representing the company as a strategic scientific thought leader.
What you will bring:
These are the skills and experience you will need to succeed as the VP Research (Immunology):
- Ability to manage and lead a team of at least 15 scientists.
- Excellent leadership skills with an understanding of how best to utilise and deploy staff.
- Ability to work with project managers to define and adhere to project timelines and deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly convey data.
- Previous experience managing and leading a team of at least 15 scientists.
- 10-12+ years full-time post-doctoral laboratory experience to include biopharma or commercial laboratory services experience.
- Must have PhD in life sciences (preferably Immunology, Cellular Biology).
What you will get:
These are the perks and benefits that will complement your generous base salary:
- Relocation assistance
- Sign-on bonus
- Long-term incentives
- Opportunity to drive multiple projects at the cutting edge of science
Got what it takes?
To apply for the VP Research (Immunology), click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact the Executive Search Consultant – Richard Dane – on +44 (0)203 355 7050.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- If you have not heard from an Executive Search Consultant within five working days from the date of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Check back regularly for the latest senior-management and executive opportunities from leading life science organisations and emerging startups across America and the EMEA.
Fraser Dove International is a specialist executive search firm operating exclusively in the life science industry. Passionate about people, we take pride in helping exceptional life science organisations source the talent they need to design, manufacture and distribute life-changing drugs, treatments and devices which transform and save patient lives.